2007年11月13日 星期二

The Happiest Moment in My Life

The Happiest Moment in My Life
by Carrie Li(李怡慧)




Although it has been three years since I graduated from high school, I still can’t forget my eighteen-year-old birthday party, which was celebrated by my good friends.

I still remember vividly that on my birthday I went to school as usual, unwilling to let my classmates know it was my birthday because the midterm exam was coming. However, I still expected I could get some presents from my best friends. The day went by just like the previous ones—no cakes, no gifts, and of course, no cards. I was a little disappointed because nobody remembered my birthday. When I came back to the classroom after a class break, I saw “Happy Birthday, my dear friend!” all over the black board. I was so touched and couldn’t utter a single word. It was really the happiest moment I had ever had.

When I came to my senses, my friends were singing the birthday songs for me. My eyes were filled with tears, and for about five minutes I just stood there and didn’t know what to do. We talked, laughed, and took a lot of pictures. I also got many presents such as piggy banks, stuffed toys, and chocolates. At that moment, I thought I was the happiest person in the world because I had so many good friends around me to share my happiness and sorrow. Before I blew out the candles, I made three wishes. First, I hoped all of us could go to an ideal university. Second, I hoped my friends could always stay healthy. Third, I didn’t say it in public because it was a secret. Then, we shared the cake together and had a lot of fun.

Even now whenever I think of my eighteenth birthday party, my heart is full of joy and I can’t help laughing. The memories of that day have melted into my mind, together with those smiles of my good friends. They will always stay there as long as I live. That day is really a memorable day!

Reference of Picture:
Photo by Amber B
http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/how-to-photograph-a-childs-birthday-party/


沒有留言: