2007年11月13日 星期二

If I Were a Millionaire

If I Were a Millionaire
by Liya Tseng(曾孟誼)


In the high-tech society, having a great fortune has remained a dream to most people for years. That is, if one has more money, he or she may have a more enjoyable life. That’s why I sometimes dream about winning the lottery and plan how to make a great use of the money. I think if I were well off and became a millionaire, I would spend the money fulfilling my dreams: to study abroad, to invest in real estate, and to donate money to charities.

If I were a millionaire, the first dream I would fulfill would be to study in a graduate program in a Western country. Since I am an English major, I need to learn the language, and its culture. Once having finished the program, I would travel around the world to broaden my mind and enrich my life experiences.

The second thing I would do would be to invest in real estate. Because spending money without any earnings will eventually lead to bankruptcy, investing might be the best way to work it out. Since houses in big cities usually go up in price after years, I would buy at least one villa and two big houses and keep them.

Last of all, if I were a millionaire, I would donate money to charities. Nowadays, while a lot of people are so rich that they spend much money mainly on luxurious things, others are so poor that they even starve to death. To help solve part of the problems, I consider that donating food or money to aid the homeless and the disabled would be worth the value of life.

To sum up, if I were rich, I would first fulfill my two dreams including studying abroad and investing, and later I would donate some food or money to charities. Being rich can make not only the material life more enjoyable, but also the spiritual life more meaningful through lighting up the lives of the poor.


沒有留言: