2007年11月13日 星期二

What I Want Most in a Friend

What I Want Most in a Friend
by Hannah Kuan(管涵雅)



What do you want most in a friend—someone who is intelligent, or someone who has a sense of humor, or someone, who is reliable? Which one of these characteristics is most important to you?

Compared with an intelligent friend and a humorous friend, a reliable friend is the one I consider the most important. An intelligent person may know lots of things; a friend who has a sense of humor may have the ability to make me laugh, but they might not help me if I am in trouble. A reliable friend, on the other hand, can always support and take care of me. For example, if I face a problem and then go to ask these three types of friends for help, I probably will find out that the smart one tells me what I should do logically, yet he is not willing to help me out. As for the humorous friend, knowing my situation, he probably will make up a funny joke of it and laugh out; however, he won’t really give me a hand. At this moment, a friend who I can rely on is what I need most. He will always bring me a sense of safety, and stay with me to come up with a solution for me. Therefore, speaking of choosing a friend, I don’t really care if he is good at telling jokes or if he is clever. What I care the most is that if I can always depend on him.

Reference of Picture:
http://theabstainer.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html

沒有留言: